In order to do visual analysis on your data, you may first import your data through Immerse’s import wizard.
Follow these steps to import your data:
- Click “New Dashboard”
- Click “Import Data”
- Select or drag-and-drop your file(s) for upload. If multiple files, columns must match. At this time only delimiter-separated formats such as CSV and TSV are supported.
- Choose Import Settings as appropriate
- Null string. If, rather than having a blank for null cells in your upload document, you have substituted strings such as “NULL”, enter that string in the provided “Null String” field. This will cause it to be treated as a null on upload.
- Delimiter type. Delimiters can be auto-detected, or you can force a certain delimiter (comma, pipe, etc.).
- Quoted string. Indicate whether your string fields are enclosed by quotes. Delimiter characters which appear inside the quotes will be ignored.
- If your column headers contain spaces or SQL-reserved words or characters (e.g. “year”, “/”, “#”) the importer alters these characters to make them safe, and notifies you of what was changed.
- At Table Preview screen, which presents sample rows of imported data, choose the data types of your columns. Choosing data types correctly is important to ensure optimal performance. The importer makes an educated guess at data type based on sampling, but examining selections yourself is strongly recommended.
- Name the table, and click Save Table.