You can import data to MapD Core Database using the Immerse import wizard.
Follow these steps to import your data:
- Open MapD Immerse.
- Click Data Manager.
- Click Import Data.
- Either click the + sign or drag-and-drop your file(s) for upload. If you are uploading multiple files, the column names and data types must match. MapD supports only delimiter-separated formats such as CSV and TSV.
- Choose Import Settings as appropriate:
- Null string: If, rather than having a blank for null cells in your upload document, you have substituted strings such as NULL, enter that string in the provided Null String field. The values are treated as null values on upload.
- Delimiter Type: Delimiters are detected automatically. You can choose a certain delimiter (comma, pipe, etc.).
- Quoted String: Indicate whether your string fields are enclosed by quotes. Delimiter characters that appear inside quotes are ignored.
- If your column headers contain SQL-reserved words, reserved characters (for example, year, /, or #), or spaces, the importer alters the characters to make them safe, and notifies you of the changes.
- The Table Preview screen presents sample rows of imported data. You can choose the data types for your columns. Choosing the correct data types ensures optimal performance. The importer makes an educated guess at the data type based on sampling, but you should examine and modify the selections as appropriate.
- Name the table, and click Save Table.